Thursday, October 2, 2008

At Napakiak, the Sky Falls Out of the Snow

That's right, people. We had our first official accumulation of snowfall this morning. When I saw students walking in with snow stuck to their clothes, I knew I'd need to skip out of school for a spell today. A mere dusting, but the first bona fide sign that winter is only a step away. Soon we will walk into it face first. What we had this morning was one of those beautiful winter wonderlands. I suppose partly because it's the first snow I've seen since the end of April. The other bonus was that all I needed to stay warm on my walk was a hooded sweatshirt. That first icing, for whatever reason, stirs some emotions in all of us. It's beauty, it's change, but it's the omen that our beloved summer sun is calling it a happening.
Here are a couple pics I snapped for you folks in TV Land. Then I put the camera in my pocket and enjoyed the rest to myself.

1 comment:

Janine said...

Hey Bri! Thanks for the beautiful pictures. You know I use that term loosely, as snow is not my favorite thing... but I know what you mean about the first snowfall. After that it's just white shit.

Hey, with thoughts of snowflakes running thru your head, let me know what you want for Christmas! I only have 2 months left before this baby arrives and I have to be done early!!! So get crackin' would ya? Thanks!